Safety in Agriculture for Youth Survey
Safety in Agriculture for Youth (SAY) is conducting a nationwide survey to develop more training materials or update existing ones. Young adults ages 18-25 who worked on a farm or ranch while they were 12-15 are asked to fill out the Farm & Ranch Employee Survey. Please encourage your parent or employer to fill out the Farm & Ranch Employer Survey.
Western Regional Leadership & Youth Conference
August 4-6 @ Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel, Buena Park, CA
Theme: “Sculpting your Passion into Action”
- Accommodations @ hotel $139.+ per person per night; conference group rate can be extended one or two extra days; hotel reservation deadline is July 6; call 866-752-2444 or 714-995-1111
- Meals Friday night on your own and Saturday Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner & Sunday Breakfast at hotel included
- Grange specific activities
- Registration fee includes Amusement Park entry Friday night; Registration deadline is July 19
- Free Parking to registered guests
2017 Contests and Awards for Young Adults (Ages 14-35)
|Oregon State Grange Youth Officers application must be sent to the State Youth Director postmarked no later than March 30
Oregon Teenager Award application must be sent to the State Youth Director postmarked no later than May 15
Horizon Leadership Ambassador & Young Patron Program: Applicants must complete the Trivia Challenge, complete the application form and send a letter of recommendation from your Subordinate/Community Grange Master or Secretary to the State Youth Director postmarked no later than May 15.
Folding Display Contest Display must be entered for judging at the State Grange Convention by noon on Sunday June 25.
National Grange Youth Officers Team: Applicants must complete the Trivia Challenge and send their application with photo and letter of recommendation postmarked no later than September 1 to the National Youth Director.
John Trimble National Youth Legislative Experience Applications must be postmarked no later than September 1 to the National Youth Director
Youth Department Contests Open to All Grangers
|Youth Booster Award nomination must be sent to the State Youth Director postmarked no later than May 15
Sign-A-Song Contest contestants must notify the State Youth Director no later than May 15
Public Speaking Contest contestants must notify the State Youth Director no later than May 15
Grassroots Activism Award deadline to submit application to National Grange Legislative Director is December 1
Seals can be earned in any order.
A certificate will be issued with the first seal earned for each individual Achievement Award in a given year. Additional seals will be sent separately if applied for at different times.
While this is a project of the Youth and Young Adults department, it is open to all Grangers.
Send forms showing completed awards to the Oregon State Grange office postmarked no later than August 15.
|2017 Distinguished Youth Program|
Join the Grange
The youth program is for teenagers, young adults and young couples aged 14 to 35 years.
Not yet a member?
- Print this brochure.
- Fill out the application on the back.
- If you don’t know the closest Grange to you, click Find a Grange, click the county you live in, and check the addresses of the Granges.
- Give the application, initiation fee ($5), and dues through the end of the current calendar year to a Grange member or send it to the Grange’s mailing address. Most Granges do not receive mail at their hall. On the Find a Grange page, note the Grange’s mailing address.If you aren’t sure which Grange is closest to you, you can mail the application to the Oregon State Grange and your application will be sent for you.
Oregon State Grange
643 Union Street NE
Salem, Oregon 97301
4557 Spring Meadow Ave
Eugene, OR 97404
3825 Lakeshore Dr
Selma, OR 97538
83 Cedar St
Eugene, OR 97401
59043 Glacier Ave
St Helens, OR 97051
PO Box 13
Colton, OR 97017
PO Box 1767
Redmond, OR 97756
49667 River Rd
Pendleton, OR 97801
4557 Spring Meadow Ave
Eugene, OR 97404
PO Box 1453
Scappoose, OR 97056
Send feedback to email@example.com