2018 Oregon State Grange Calendar
The calendar features photos from the 2017 Oregon State Grange Lecturer’s photography contest.
GrangeUp ’17 is the name selected for a new Oregon State Grange membership drive. The goal of this campaign is for each Grange to have a net gain of at least two members.
To reward Granges who far exceed this modest goal, the State Grange will give cash prizes to the three Granges that have the highest percentage of increase of new members. The increase will compare the 4th quarter of 2017 with the 4th quarter 2016.
Highest % gain $750
Second highest % gain $500
Third highest % gain $250
In addition six other Granges (one in each district) that have the highest percentage of gain, but did not receive cash, will win an ice cream social from G.R.O.W. Club. This means that a total of nine Granges will win prizes for their membership gains in 2017.
The State Grange will mail each new member a packet that includes the Welcome to the Grange booklet, a 150th anniversary pin, a car decal, and a voucher for $5 off their 2018 dues, which is also a $5 savings on the dues your Grange forwards to the State Grange in 2018.
Expect a representative of the State Grange to visit your Grange in February or March to deliver a box of member recruitment tools and explain the program. If you do not receive a visit or a call by March 15, please contact the State Grange office.
GrangeUp ’17 Member Recruitment Tools
Spotlight on the Grange: This video was created by the National Grange to tell our history, purpose, and values in five minutes. It may take time to load on your computer.
What’s in the box?
- Letter from State Master Susan Noah
- Box contents
- Possiblilities: The Membership Committee combined the Membership Idea Books, volumes 1 and 2, with the Community Service Idea Book and added more. This new and improved book contains ideas for events and how to plan them. There are lists of ways to get potential members into your hall and ways to get involved in your community.
- The Grange: You Belong for individuals or a family that consists of an adult with any number of children, grandchildren, or great grandchildren ages 14-23 who live in the same household or are absent due to education or military service.
- Oregon Grange Youth describes programs for members aged 14 to 35.
- Oregon Junior Grange describes programs for members aged 5 to 14.
- Examples of brochures Granges have made for themselves
- Declaration of Purposes
- Recruiting Members for your members; do NOT give to potential members!
- Grange Month Proclamation
- Hand In History: 150 Years of Grange in America
- Oregon State Grange: A Record of Achievement
- #hashtag: What is it?
The Membership Department has these available at state session:
- Merchandise: Several new items will be available to purchase at our membership table.
- Membership Luncheon: The Membership Department puts on the Membership Luncheon during State Session. This is a must attend event! Granges that have had a membership gain in the calendar year are recognized.
Membership Awards for Gain
During the State Grange Convention, prizes are awarded to Granges that have the highest membership gains in the previous calendar year:
Highest % gain $100
Second highest % gain $75
Third highest % gain $50
Fourth highest % gain $25
2017 winners were:
|Highest % Gain||Garfield #317||Clackamas||87%||$100|
|2nd Highest % Gain||Fairmount #252||Benton||65%||$75|
|3rd Highest % Gain||Chetco #756||Curry||58%||$50|
|4th Highest % Gain||Rockford #501||Hood River||40%||$25|
Reorganized, consolidated, or newly chartered Granges are ineligible for consideration the year that event occurs. However, reorganized and consolidated Granges will receive $100 and a newly chartered Grange will receive $150.
All Granges with a 15% gain or more qualify for a drawing for an indoor/outdoor flag. In 2017 they were:
Hurricane Creek #608
Spencer Creek #855
Union Hill #728
Pleasant Grove #475
Pine Valley #815
Sutherlin Community #724
The winner of the drawing for the Indoor/Outdoor Grange Flag was Dorena Grange #835 in Lane County.
Membership Committee Members
|District 1||Jill Hamm
932 NE Dewey
Grants Pass, OR 97526
40370 Deerhorn Rd
Springfield, OR 97478
PO Box 4746
Tualatin, OR 97062
PO Box 2039
Terrebonne, OR 97760
|Derrell and Clarann Witty
65156 Mawhin Rd
Enterprise, OR 97828
1649 NE Kane Dr
Gresham, OR 97030
Text only 503-784-5668
Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org