The National Grange has become a recognized partner in the mission of the Quilts
of Valor® Foundation as an official Under Our Wings® program. This program allows
Grange members to create quilts and present them to veterans in their communities
or in the organization, and teach the art of quilting to novices and young people while
completing this meaningful community service. If your Grange has no quilters, you can donate space, resources or funds.
2019 GWA State Contests
All contests are open to members and non-members. Each contestant can have only one entry per category.
All entries must be labeled with the contest, category, entrant’s name, complete address, email, phone, Grange name and number, and county. For non-members, please supply your sponsoring member’s name and Grange. Use this handy contest entry form or make your own label following this template.
All entries must be received in the GWA exhibit area at the Clatsop County Fair & Expo no later than noon on Sunday June 23.
The Oregon State Grange GWA Committee will secure judges for all contests. After judging, baked goods and candies will be placed on the GWA sale table. The GWA exhibit area will be open before and after State Grange is in session and during lunch and other break times.
National Grange Quilt Block Contest
- The National Grange Quilt Block Contest is open to both members and prospective members.
- A 2018 Quilt Block Contest Entry Form must be completed for each block entered.
- State Judging: Entries received in the GWA exhibit area at the Clatsop County Fair & Expo no later than noon on Sunday June 24 will be judged to determine Oregon’s winners. The 1st place winner in each group will be sent to National Grange for judging. Second and third place winners will receive ribbons.
- National Judging: Anyone may send entries directly to the National Grange contest. All contest submissions must be received by the National Grange Lecturer by October 31, 2018. Send your blocks with entry form to: Christine Hamp, National Lecturer, 16418 N. Birdie Rd, Nine Mile Falls, WA 99026
- Grange Worker Activities Scholarship Application must be postmarked to the State GWA Director no later than May 1.
Grange Workers Activities Committee
925 Gales Creek Rd
Forest Grove, OR 97116
40370 Deerhorn Rd
Springfield, OR 97478
11860 SW 91st Ave
Tigard, OR 97223
8502 S Oster Rd
Woodburn, OR 97071
63232 Scotch Creek Rd
Enterprise, OR 97828
5140 Crusher Dr
Parkdale, OR 97041
Send feedback to email@example.com